The WISE Support Group Program:
- Is a long-term intensive curriculum (75 hours over 36 weeks with 10-12 participants in each group) based on a 3-year pilot program
- Consists of 10 modules that include (among others):
- Legacy of family of origin
- Twisted thinking
- Creating a healthy relationship with food
- Body image
- Focuses on why we use food to deal with negative emotions, especially stress and anxiety.*
- Uses Well-being, Insight, Support & Education, to explore your emotional F.A.T., (feelings, actions and thoughts) so that you can determine what action you are willing to take to achieve true and enduring emotional and physical wellness.
* If you do not feel this is the reason you are overweight, then this program is not for you.
Other Important Aspects:
While group members ultimately receive evidence-based information about food and activity, this is not the focus of the program.
There are no weight goals, weigh-ins, nor a prescribed diet and exercise program to follow. It is you that will be determining whatever action you decide to take.
The cost is $15/hour.